Friday, July 26, 2013

It's here! Benetint!

So, I've been waiting on my Benetint from my Ipsy trade.  Apparently it's a hot item that everyone was hoping would be in their Ipsy bag.  I didn't get it, but I ended up trading my microdermabrasion scrub for it.  Then I turned around and bought the microderm because it smelled so damn good that I knew I had to have it.  So, I will review it when it gets here.

The rose color Benetint in the jar is VERY red.  It's supposed to be a tint for your lips and cheeks.  Way back when I had a gel tint that was similar.  I can't remember where I got it or what brand it was, but it was one of my favorite cheek colors EVER.  I almost cried when I ran out of it and I haven't been able to find anything to replace it.

I was so excited when my Benetint arrived. It's a sample sized bottle, so it's about half of the full sized bottle that retails for $30.  I'm hoping it lasts for a while. I've heard a lot of ladies say that they are afraid to try the Benetint because it's so bright, but I've found that if gives just the perfect hint of color on my cheeks. It's not bright at all once you put it on and rub it in. I can totally vouch for it as a cheek color.  I tried it on my lips but wasn't really impressed.  It didn't seem to add any color at all.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong or maybe my lips are just too dark for it.  I don't know. 

Check out the adorable packaging!

I love the cute little bottle. In the background you can see my rosy cheeks.

Applying the tint in little stripes like the directions show.

Here it is rubbed in.

Finished product. Sorry about the lighting.  It makes it look weird, but in person it looks great.




I'm going to go ahead and say that I love this product.  Since it goes on shear it allows you to be able to build up color IF you need more.  One coat is perfect for my skin tone, but if you have darker skin you might need a couple coats.  I'm not always in love with powder blushes(or face powder in general).  They can sometimes look cakey and be really noticeable. I like the liquid blush a lot more and I think this is my new go to cheek color. This is my first experience with Benefit and I'm not disappointed.  I really want to try the Posietint and about 10 other products from them. I've heard good things about the brand and I'm glad I finally got to try the Benetint.


Overall score: A
Pros: Easy to apply
Cons: Not very effective as a lip color

No comments:

Post a Comment